The following sections will assist healthcare professionals and payers by providing appropriate coding and billing information associated with the treatment of melanoma. Although new claims cannot be submitted with ICD-9-CM codes as of 10/1/15, these may still be needed for submitting old claims that occurred before 10/1/15. We will, therefore, continue to provide the 2 sets of codes through the end of 2015.
The following sections include:
- Associated ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM codes used for the classification of melanoma
- Drugs that have been FDA approved in the treatment of melanoma
- Drugs that are Compendia-listed for off-label use for melanoma based on clinical studies that suggest beneficial use in some cases. Please note: If a check mark appears in the FDA column, it will NOT appear in the Compendia off-label use column
- Corresponding HCPCS/CPT® codes and code descriptions
- Possible CPT® administration codes for the drugs